Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Texan's Promise (The Heart of a Hero #1) by Shelley Gray



Title: A Texan’s Promise (The Heart of a Hero #1)
Author: Shelley Gray
Pages: 350
Year: 2011
Publisher: Abingdon Press

     This is a heartwarming Christian western romance.

     Clayton Proffitt is foreman of the Circle Z Ranch. When he discovers that Vanessa Grant, daughter of the ranch’s owner, is the victim of her stepfather’s advances he knows he must protect her honor and move her far away from the ranch. They find that an unexpected, deep bond develops between them as they make their way west. Clayton’s biggest concern as they travel is that Vanessa’s stepfather won’t let her go so easily. They have to place their faith in both God and each other as they try to get away from his control.

     I loved this book. The characters were very well developed. From the very start of the story Vanessa’s plight broke my heart. I was rooting for them to get away from her stepfather and any control he had over both of them. I loved the fact that Clayton was relying on God for His direction and protection throughout the book. He did everything he could to help point others to look to God also.


     I’m giving this book 5 stars and looking forward to reading everything else that I can find by this author. I highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment