Monday, June 8, 2020

The Christmas Box (The Christmas Box Trilogy #1) by Richard Paul Evans










Title: The Christmas Box (The Christmas Box Trilogy #1)
Author: Richard Paul Evans
Pages: 125
Year: 1996
Genre: Christmas Story
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Format: Hardback (also available in eBook)

About the book:

     “Whatever the reason, I find that with each passing Christmas the story of the Christmas Box is told less and needed more. So I record it now for all future generations to accept or dismiss as seems them good. As for me, I believe. And it is, after all, my story.”

     So begins “The Christmas Box,” the touching story of a widow and the young family who moves in with her. Together they discover the first gift of Christmas and learn what Christmas is really all about. “The Christmas Box” is a Christmas story unlike any other.

My review:

     This is a wonderful, tender, Christmas story!

     I love the simple way that this story is presented. It brings out what is the best of people and the connections that they can make with each other. It actually took me back to a time when people trusted each other just because most people could be trusted.

     Mary is my favorite character in this story. She loves just because she knows God and His love. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing how she went about teaching Richard a very basic truth that we all need to know and keep in mind.

     This book touched my heart very deeply and I have to give it a rating of 5 stars. I’m highly recommending it. I have never read a book by this author before. I can’t wait to read everything else he has written.

No comments:

Post a Comment