Tuesday, September 30, 2014

All God's Children (The Peacemakers #1) by Anna Schmidt













Title: All God’s Children (The Peacemakers #1)
Author: Anna Schmidt
Pages: 320
Year: 2013
Publisher: Shiloh Run Press

About the book:

     Beth Bridgewater, a German American, finds herself in a nightmare as World War II erupts – a war in which she takes no side, for she is a Quaker pacifist. Just as she gains opportunity to escape Germany, Beth decides to stay to help the helpless. Meanwhile, Josef Buch, a passionately patriot German, is becoming involved in his own secret ways of resisting the Nazis. . . . Despite their differences, Beth and Josef join together in nonviolent resistance – and in love. Does their love stand a chance. . . if they even survive at all?

My review:

     This is an exciting Christian WWII novel.

     This is a wonderful exploration of how the Quakers handle themselves during very difficult times. I had no idea how this unique group of people worship and how they work as a community. I loved the look into their beliefs and calm manner of dealing with difficult issues.

     The characters are wonderful. I was able to connect with them very quickly. They were well developed and the personalities were extremely varied which helped to keep my interest.

     The conflict between those who believed in Hitler, and his regime, and those who were opposed was very clearly presented. I never knew that there were Quakers in Germany at the time of WWII. I really enjoyed learning about this.

     I give this wonderful story 5 stars and I’m eagerly looking forward to reading the other books in this series. I highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment