Monday, August 24, 2015

Never Broken (Everlasting Faith #1) by Kathleen Fuller













Title: Never Broken (Everlasting Faith #1)
Author: Kathleen Fuller
Pages: 224
Release Date: August 25, 2015
Genre: Historical (1840s)
Publisher: Mountain Brook INK
Format: Will be released in eBook
Note: I had the opportunity to be one of the final proofreaders before release.

About the book:

This novel is revised and updated from the original book Never Broken. It includes new material that isn’t in the original version.

Rory O’Leary has little use for his uncle and aunt’s stately Irish manor where he has lived since he and his brother were orphaned. That is, until he encounters Shannon Cahill, a new servant, in his Uncle Edwin’s rose garden.

When the Irish potato blight affects Shannon and her sister Ainslee’s tiny village, they are devastated when their ailing parents insist they immigrate to America. Shannon fears she’ll never again see the handsome man who stole her heart in the Gormley rose garden.

But fate has other intentions, as Rory discovers when he rescues the sisters from the squalid docks of County Cork, leading them all to Scotland…and an adventure they never expected.

My review:

This is a wonderful historical novel.

I was really drawn into the story very quickly. There were a number of characters that I consider to be downtrodden that my heart went out to almost immediately. They were very well written and easy to connect with. I wanted so badly for things to work out for all of these characters.

There were also a number of the well-to-do landowners that were also well developed. They were just mean and self-centered. I desperately wanted them to get what they had coming to them (and not good things either).

I really enjoyed all the details included in this novel about what life would have been like in both Ireland and Scotland in the mid 1840s. During history class I read about the potato famine in Ireland. This story has really helped to make it come to life for me.

I had the privilege of being a final proofreader for this wonderful book and I am writing my honest opinion of the story.

This is book 1 in what is going to be a “true” series. That means that when this novel is finished it will feel as if there is more to the story. That is because the story will continue in the next book of the series. I’m really looking forward to book 2 so I can find out what comes next for these wonderful characters.

I’m giving this book a rating of 5 stars and highly recommending it.

No comments:

Post a Comment