Thursday, June 18, 2015

Hope During Heartache by Cheri Swalwell













Title: Hope During Heartache
Author: Cheri Swalwell
Pages: 218
Year: 2014
Genre: Non-fiction
Publisher: Spoken from the Heart

About the book:

     Have you ever dealt with the pain of infertility? Heard the devastating words, “I’m so sorry but your child is no longer alive?” Lived with a heartache so deep it feels as though there will never be any relief? By answering yes to any of these questions, you know how it feels to belong to an exclusive club. This group is designated for men and women who have had to learn how to live with the pain of either the lost dream of a child through infertility or the crushing reality that a child you love is no longer with you – the result of miscarriage, stillbirth, or death. It’s a group to which no one wants to belong, but nevertheless, the list of members of this group is long. If you find yourself enrolled in this membership, know that you aren’t alone. There are many who have walked this road that are waiting to come alongside and help. Just as the picture on the cover shows the reality of a fierce storm with the hope of bright skies, there is Hope for the storm you are currently facing as well. Step inside this book to hear from thirteen different men and women, through their own words, how they were able to find hope during their heartache. Let them offer you a chance to experience that hope for yourself.

My review:

     This is a heart-breaking book to read.

     I don’t read very many non-fiction books. I’m very glad that I read this one though. I know a number of people who have had problems with infertility, miscarriages, or the death of a child. This book helped me to understand more fully the heartache that they have gone through. Each person’s story is different just like each person is different. There is no “proper” way to deal with the pain. I feel that with this added level of understanding I may better be able to love and support someone going through one of these situations.

     Each chapter was a different person’s story. Because of the heartache in each one I took my time and read one chapter a day so that I wouldn’t be overwhelmed by it. I do recommend this book and am giving a rating of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment