Friday, May 6, 2016

A Lady of Esteem (Hawthorne House #0.5) by Kristi Ann Hunter













Title: A Lady of Esteem (Hawthorne House #0.5)
Author: Kristi Ann Hunter
Pages: 159
Year: 2015
Genre: Historical Romance (London, 1812 – Regency Era)
Publisher: Bethany House
Format: eBook (only - FREE on most sites)

About the book:

     Miss Amelia Stalwood may live in London at her absent guardian’s townhouse, but she’s never actually met any nobility, and instead of aristocrats, her closest friends are servants. Quite by happenstance, she’s introduced to the Hawthorne family and their close family friend, Anthony, the reformed marquis of Raeburn. They welcome her into their world, but just as she’s beginning to gain some confidence and even suspect she may have caught Anthony’s eye, she’s blindsided by an unexpected twist in her situation accompanied by nasty rumors. Will she lose her reputation when the world that has only just accepted her turns its back on her, or will she rest in the support of the friends who’ve become like family and the man who’s shared his faith and captured her heart?

     A Lady of Esteem is an e-only novella that gives an exciting introduction to Kristi Ann Hunter’s new Regency romance series about the aristocratic Hawthorne family! Includes an extended excerpt of Kristi’s debut full-length novel, A Noble Masquerade.

My review:

     A delightful historical romance novella!

     This wonderful story introduces us to a new writer and her first series of books. I love her style of writing and found that she has a wonderful knack for inserting very humorous situations throughout the story.

     The development of the main characters is fantastic. I fell in love with Amelia Stalwood from very early on. We are given a glimpse of what her childhood was like in the prologue. It made me feel like wrapping my arms around her and to help her to feel loved. I then found that she hadn’t let it make her mean in any way. She cares about others and that shines through with everyone she meets.

     Anthony Pendleton is carrying memories of what he used to be like and he expects everyone to still be judging him by his past mistakes. That includes people that didn’t even know him before he changed. I enjoyed seeing his journey as he dealt with this.

     I’m looking forward to reading the rest of this series. I’m very glad that I have the first full-length book waiting for me in my to-be-read pile already. I have to give this sweet novella a rating of 5 stars. I’m highly recommending it. I think I may have found another favorite author.

     You can find out more about Kristi and her books on her website at: www.kristiannhunter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment